Prevent Stretch Marks During Pregnancy
More than half pregnant women develop stretch marks during the sixth or seventh month of pregnancy. Stretch marks have begun to be associated with pregnancy and many women think that nothing can be done to prevent them. Fortunately,there are some basic steps you can take to prevent unsightly stretch marks from appearing.
Stretch marks or striae are a form of scaring of the skin characterized by different color hues caused by the tearing of the dermis. The color of the stretch marks depends mostly on the skin tone. Women with a light skin tone usually develop pinkish and women with darker skin tones develop stretch marks that have a lighter color. During pregnancy stretch marks might appear on the breasts,stomach, hips or thighs.
Stretch marks appear due to the sudden weight gain as the skin cannot keep up with the changes that are taking place in your body. Hormonal changes are also believed to be a contributing factor. Although stretch marks fade over time there's no cure for them so prevention remains the best policy. To reduce the possibility of developing stretch marks several preventative measures are available.
Tags: how to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy, prevent stretch marks during pregnancy, prevent pregnancy stretch marks, stretch marks prevention, stretch marks causes, stretch marks tips, stretch marks, beauty tips, beauty
- 6 Smart Foods for Quick Weight Loss
- Diet Secrets to Lose Weight Fast
- Trendy Ways to Wear Your Hair Up in 2011
- Stylish Celebrity Long Layered Hair Styles
- Stylish Summer Nail Color Trends 2011
- Cute Short Hair Styles 2011
- Hot Celebrity Makeup Ideas for 2011
- Top Detox Fruits For Weight Loss
- Popular Summer Makeup Ideas
- Lovely Medium Hair Styles Trends
Tags» More tags